Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-12-29 Origin: Site
During the construction process, it is easy to cause damage to the wires and cables, so conduits are always used. The cable protection tube can protect the wires and cables, so during the construction process, there are strict requirements on the processing and laying of the conduit. So how do we choose the cable protection tube?
The selection of cable protection tubes
Regulations to be complied with in the processing of cable protection tubes
The cable protection pipes currently used include steel pipes, cast iron pipes, rigid PVC pipes, clay pipes, concrete pipes, asbestos cement pipes, etc. Cable protection pipes are mostly made of metal. Among them, galvanized steel pipes are widely used because of their good anti-corrosion performance.
1. The ratio of the inner diameter of the cable protection steel pipe or rigid PVC pipe to the outer diameter of the cable shall not be less than 1.5 times.
2. The cable protection tube should avoid perforations cracks and obvious unevenness and the inner wall should be smooth and not corroded.
3. When ordinary steel pipes are used as cable protection pipes, they should be coated with anti-corrosion paint or asphalt (the pipes buried in the concrete may not be coated) anti-corrosion layer. When the zinc layer of the galvanized pipe is peeled off, paint on the peeling place to prevent corrosion.
4. Rigid PVC pipes are brittle in texture and should not be used in places where the temperature is too low or too high. The temperature should not be lower than 0℃ and should not exceed 50～60℃; it is also not suitable for use in places subject to mechanical external forces. If it must be used due to conditions, pipes with sufficient strength should be used.
5. Use steel protection tubes as little as possible for cables without plastic sheath, because when there is a potential difference between the cable metal sheath and the steel pipe, it is easy to cause the cable to malfunction due to corrosion.
Whether it is a steel protection tube or a plastic protection tube, its processing and production should meet the following requirements:
1. The mouth of the cable protection pipe should be made into a trumpet shape, which can reduce the shearing force of the cable at the mouth of the pipe when the directly buried pipe sinks.
2. The bending of the cable protection tube will cause difficulty in passing the cable, so it should be minimized. Cables with larger cross-sections are not allowed to have elbows. For vertically laid cable protection pipes, the bending angle of the pipe should be greater than 90° to avoid freezing damage to the cables in the pipe due to accumulation of water.
3. There should be no more than 3 bends for each cable protection tube and no more than 2 right-angle bends. When the bending requirements cannot be met in the actual construction, a pipe with a larger inner diameter can be used or a junction box can be set at an appropriate position to facilitate the cable routing.
4. After the cable protection tube is bent, there should be no cracks and significant dents at the end of the tube, and the degree of flattening at the end of the tube should not be greater than 10% of the outer diameter of the tube. Otherwise, it will cause difficulty in cable routing.
5. The bending radius of the protective tube is generally 10 times the outer diameter of the tube, and should not be less than the minimum allowable bending radius of the cable to be worn.
6. Ensure that there are no burrs and sharp edges at the mouth of the cable protection tube so that the cable will not be scratched when the cable is threaded.
Cable protection tubes are now widely used. Ease Industries & Investments Co., Ltd conducted a lot of safety tests on the cable protection tube before leaving the factory to ensure the quality of the cable protection tube. If you need to buy a cable protection tube, you can consider using our cost-effective products.