Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-02-27 Origin: Site
Waterproof joint, as the name suggests, can be applied to the environment with water to provide a safe and reliable connector. For example, waterproof joints are required for LED street lights, lighthouses, cruise ships, industrial equipment, sprinkler, etc.
Here is the content list
The rules of the application of the cable gland
The consideration of the application of the cable gland
1. installation precautions
1) Choose appropriate joint materials according to the model and specification of the cable gland Nowadays, the quality of cable gland materials is also uneven. However, to ensure the quality of cable glands, it is recommended not to be greedy for cheap, and it is best to choose the materials of cable gland manufacturers with reliable quality.
2) It's better not to choose rainy days for the cable gland, because water ingress into the cable gland will seriously affect the service life of the cable, and even short circuit accidents will occur.
3) Before making the cable gland, we must carefully read the product manual, which is particularly important for 10kV and above cables. We must think about all processes before doing it.
4) For the terminal joint of a single-core armored cable above 10kV, remember that only one end of the steel strip can be grounded.
5) The copper pipe shall not be pressed too hard. As long as the crimping is in place, the copper end face after crimping is bound to have many convex starting points. This must be flattened with a file without leaving any burrs.
6) When the heat shrinkable cable gland uses the blowtorch, pay attention to the blowtorch moving back and forth, and do not blow the torch continuously in one direction.
7) The size of the cold shrinkable cable gland must strictly follow the drawing instructions, especially when pulling out the support in the reserved pipe.
8) To ensure waterproof and longer operation, it is recommended to use a double wall glued heat shrinkable sleeve and insulating sleeve.
9) To ensure a certain pressure at the joint, it is recommended to add a protective sleeve to strengthen insulation and protection.
10) The self-adhesive tape (or heat shrinkable waterproof tape) used are high-voltage products to ensure insulation safety.
11) During construction, it is better to stagger the joints (that is, the cables do not need to be cut and butted neatly).
When connecting, it is best not to connect on rainy days, because, in this way, there may be water in the cable, electric leakage, or even a short circuit. Be sure to use it in strict accordance with the instructions. It should be noted that the waterproof joint of single-core armor above 10kV can only be grounded with a steel strip at one end.
It should also be noted that when installing waterproof joints, the heat-shrinkable cable gland uses a blowtorch, be sure to move the blowtorch back and forth, and never blow it towards only one place.
In selecting the size of the cable gland, it is also necessary to operate in strict accordance with the drawing instructions, to ensure that the waterproof joint you buy can be used. In particular, be more careful when you need to draw the support in the reserved pipe. Ease Industries & Investment Co., Ltd. conducts many tests on cable glands for connection before they leave the factory, and the quality qualification rate is guaranteed. If you are in the cable glands, you can consider our cost-effective products.